Altay Therapeutics discovers novel small molecule drugs targeting disease-causing transcription factors
Robust Platform and screening approach:
Altay develops small molecule drugs that inhibit disease-causing transcription factors (TFs). Our platform, enables us to identify inhibitors against TF's across many therapeutic areas. Our mechanism of inhibition enables us to drug the "undruggable" giving us a leading advantage over our competitors.
Our pre-clinical studies with our current lead candidate for the treatment of Ewing's Sarcoma show great efficacy in vivo and specificity to ETS-driven cancers with no toxicity in non-ETS driven cells.
Our pre-clinical studies with our current lead for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis show great in vivo efficacy where we demonstrate both prevention and reversal of collagen deposition in the lung.
Ali Rayet Ozes. PhD.
Founder and CEO
* Lead scientist. Mechanism of small molecules for oncology program - Nalo Therapeutics
* Post-doctoral Researcher - Janssen Biopharma
* University of California, Davis (B.S.)
* Indiana University, Bloomington (PhD.) Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
Osman Nidai Ozes. PhD.
Founder and CSO
* Professor of Genetics. Mechanism of inflammatory response in cancer - Akdeniz University
* Director of Research. Lead of Esbriet IPF program- Intermune Inc.
* Haccettepe University, Ankara (B.S and M.S.)
* Indiana University, Bloomiongton (PhD) Immunology
Lee Latimer. PhD.
* Board of Directors, director-at-large - American Chemical Society (2016-2018)
* Senior Director, Process and Analytical Chemistry - Elan Inc. (1995-2011)* University of Wisconsin (PhD.)
Kamran Atabai. MD.
* Associate Professor of Medicine - University of California San Francisco
* Fellowship - Pulmonary and Critical care - Harvard
Paul Wolters. MD.
* Professor - University of California San Francisco
* Director - UCSF Interstitial Lung Disease Program
* Residency - University of Colorado
Aykut Uren. MD.
Ewing's Sarcoma Expert
* Professor - Georgetown University
Altay is located at the Bayer Colaborator in San Francisco Mission Bay.
For more information please contact us:
455 Mission Bay
San Francisco, CA 94158
Please check back soon for upcoming opportunities to work with us!
Altay is awarded grant from Friends of FSHD!
We are delighted to share that Altay Therapeutics Inc. was awarded a grant from the Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD) foundation to implement our platform for the discovery of small molecule inhibitors targeting transcription factor, DUX4. Research has demonstrated that upregulated expression of DUX4 leads to muscle cell death in patients suffering from FSHD. Therefore, successful inhibition of DUX4 with small molecules will further prevent muscle death leading to a better quality of life. We are honored to be in this fight with the friends of FSHD.
Altay is accepted into to Y-Combinator's Winter 2020 class!
Altay is now part of Bayer Collaborator!
We are excited to announce that Altay's Therapeutics Inc. new home will be at Bayer Collaborator in San Francisco Mission Bay!